"UPDATES ... Fundraising, Cookbooks & Clynk"
Only God could know that the plan for a tired old brick school building was
to become a hubbub of community activity!! Purchasing the property
in 2014, has allowed our church off-street parking, and more importantly
a huge community outreach opportunity.
Our church formed the Old Brick School Committee and developed the vision
The Old Brick School Community Center with the Mission Statement:
"To positively impact our Community with God's Love"
2020 Updates on OUR PLAN for the BUILDING:
PHASE 1 - mostly done!
- In the fall of 2017 - We moved "Bread for the Journey" Warren Food Pantry
into the building, giving us much needed room!
- Also moved in the fall of 2017 - The "Children's Clothing Exchange", an outreach of our neighboring church, Warren Second Congregational Church!
- In 2018 & 2019, we finished Large Community Meeting Room, the Small Meeting Room next to it, and most fun of all the Teen/Youth Room!
NEW Event: Anne & Heather host "Friday Game Night" for Teens 6th -12th grade
Join the fun from 6:00 - 7:30 pm
We are still working on ceilings & insulation in some places,
complete trim and build the privacy wall to complete in the handicap bathroom.
- Praise the Lord for all the work done thus far and the willing Volunteers who do the work to refurbish from floor to ceiling....lots of hours have been given.
- Trail Life Troop #1750 began meeting regularly in the fall of 2018,
the boys still hold their troop meetings regularly.
- Other events include Creative Memories scrapbooking with Dawn & fundraisers,
baby showers, the Historical Society held a couple meetings too, we've had two different exercise groups use the rooms too. Donations for use of the rooms are gratefully accepted and those funds are used to pay the building utilities.
PHASE 2 - a good start!
- We have two Meeting rooms to left to get ready for use,
complete with lighting, heat & flooring, as well as painting walls! The Main Hall flooring has been ordered, we are excited for that huge blessing, a few other finishing jobs are left too. What a long way we have come!
- Girl Scouts began working on a Walking Trail through the woodsy part of the property, and some strong arms cut and removed some of the brush. There's still more to do on that, which is located at the end of the Recreation Field (T-Ball field),
and you may see other improvements, as we go along.
- We replaced the plexiglass in windows with double pane argon glass for better energy efficiency, on one side of the building and repaired broken windows too.
Hopefully we can do more of those next year.
Renovation Fundraising began with "Our Community Cookbook", a collection of favorite recipes submitted by friends and family. We only have very few left -
Email Dawn at email@example.com, or stop by the Church, or
Warren True Value Hardware to pick one up before they are gone!
CLYNK - bottle recycling bags are available
- Email Delia at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Church to pick up a green bag,
put our tag on it, fill it up and drop it off at a Hannaford receptacle!
Keep an eye on our huge thermometer for
Special Fundraiser Events coming up this year!
Check out our Facebook page: Old Brick School Community Center
- see updates and photos of the Renovations
- make a donation directly using your GIVELIFY app.
Donations can also be mailed to:
Old Brick School Community Center
PO Box 294, Warren, ME 04864.
We are so very Thankful for the support of our community
as we work to complete
The Old Brick School Community Center!